Arakas - Greek Sweet Peas
Sweet peas are cooked with scallions, dill & extra virgin olive oil.
- 2 lb bag frozen sweet peas
- 4 scallions chopped
- 1 small bunch fresh dill chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cups water
- 2 organic veggie bouillon cubes palm oil-free bouillon cubes
In a large pot heat ¼ cup olive oil. Add the scallions and sauté for a minute.
Add the peas, the water, the bouillons and the dill. Stir well. Bring to a boil than reduce heat and simmer for 30 min or until peas are soft but still hold their round shape.
Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Arakas is fabulous as a main dish with crusty bread and a piece of good feta cheese. Can also be a great side to grilled steak or chicken.
Nutritional Info – Please keep in mind that nutritional information provided is only an estimate and can vary based on products used.
- Instead of 2 bouillon cubes + 6 cups of water you can use 6 cups of veggie broth .
- Serve Arakas on it's own with good bread and cheese like gruyere or feta or as a side dish to grilled steak, chicken or fish.
Calories: 477kcal | Fat: 54g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 72mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 1mg