Cinnamon Chicken & Sweet Potatoes
- 1 whole roasting chicken
- 3-4 sweet potatoes Depending on the size. You need enough potatoes to fit snuggly around the chicken.
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Rinse the chicken inside and out. Pat the outside dry.
Rub the outside of the chicken with half of the olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt. Season the chcicken cavity with a little salt and freshly ground pepper. Tie the legs together with kitchen twine and tuck the wing tips under the body of the chicken.
Cut the sweet potatoes in half and quartered. Place them around the chicken. You need enough sweet potatoes to fit snuggly together around your chicken.
Pour the rest of the olive oil it all over the sweet potatoes.
Abundantly sprinkle cinnamon all over sweet potatoes and chicken. The whole pan should be covered with a layer of cinnamon. Sprinkle 1 tsp ground cumin all over the potatoes and chicken. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and place it in the oven. Roast covered for 60 min, than remove foil and roast for 45 min of until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear. Skin should be nice and crisp and sweet potatoes soft and buttery.
Nutritional Info – Please keep in mind that nutritional information provided is only an estimate and can vary based on products used.
- I don't use too much salt for this recipe. Just a very light salt seasoning for the chicken. I don't season the sweet potatoes apart from the cinnamon and the cumin. Feel free to tweak to your liking.
Calories: 809kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 56g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 143mg | Sodium: 230mg | Potassium: 975mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 24333IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 126mg | Iron: 4mg