Roasted Tomato & Olives Appetizer
This is an appetizer that can wow your guests and satisfy kids & adults at the same time. With simple and fresh ingredients it is super easy to make.
medium baking pan
Rimmed baking sheet
- 12 oz gourmet medley tomatoes Like Sunset Wild Wonders
- 10 cloves garlic smashed or whole
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil + more for drizzling
- 1 cup Greek olives pitted
- 5-6 fresh basil leaves
- 5-6 fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup mozzarela cheese shredded
- 4 pita bread
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 350 F.
In a baking pan mix tomatoes, garlic and olives together. Add olive oil and season with salt, freshly ground pepper. Gently mix the fresh herbs in.
Roast for 45 min or so. Keep an eye on the tomatoes and olives, you don't want them to dry out.
Time to bake the pita and assemble.
Place pita bread on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Add plenty of fresh mozzarella cheese on top (to your liking, I like it cheesy).
Bake until pita bread is nice and crisped around the edges and mozzarella cheese is melted and it’s moisture has evaporated. About 5-8 min but my advise is to keep an eye on them, every oven is different.
Add 2-3 tbsp of the tomato mix on the pita bread, sprinkle some olive oil and some chopped fresh herbs on top and serve immediately.
- I used Sunset Wild Wonders Gourmet Medley tomatoes
- You can use any type of cheese you have handy. If fresh mozzarella is not available, use the prepackaged low moisture mozzarella. Gruyere or provolone cheese would also work great.
- Another option is to just add a couple tablespoons of the roasted tomato & olives on the pita and a dollop of Greek yogurt on top. Perfect!
Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 503mg | Potassium: 167mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 555IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 116mg | Iron: 1mg