Berry Mascarpone Tart
This berry tart has a buttery crust, lightly sweetened mascarpone and lots of fresh berries.
For the shortbread crust
- 1 cup salted butter 2 sticks softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar
For the toppings
- 2 cups mascarpone cheese softened. Leave it out for an hour before mixing.
- ½ cup heavy cream or half and half
- 1 vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp confectioner’s sugar
- 2 oranges juiced and zested
- 4 cups strawberries cut in half
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberry jam
Make the crust
Preheat oven to 350º F.
Using a mixer (hand or regular) mix together butter, flour, and confectioner’s sugar, 2-3 min.
Add dough to the tart pan and press all over, and up the edges until it is evenly distributed. Trim edges with a knife if you have to and add the extra dough to any bald or thin patches.
Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before filling.
Prepare the filling
Using a mixer in medium speed beat the mascarpone cheese with the heavy cream and the vanilla. Add the orange zest. Keep beating mixture for 1-2 min until everything is incorporated well, about 2 min.
Spread the mascarpone mix evenly all over the tart crust.
Add an even layer of the strawberry jam on top of the mascarpone.
Arrange the berries in a pattern of your choice. Enjoy!
Nutritional Info – Please keep in mind that the nutritional information provided is only an estimate and can vary based on the products used.
- I like using vanilla beans but it can be very expensive. So I alternate between vanilla extract, vanilla powder, and bean. Vanilla powder gives a really concentrated flavor, so if you're substituting powder for beans, or extract in recipes, use ½ tsp of ground powder for 1 bean, or ½ teaspoon of ground powder for every teaspoon of extract.
Calories: 648kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 44g | Saturated Fat: 27g | Cholesterol: 110mg | Sodium: 204mg | Potassium: 159mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 1413IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 2mg