Greek Cheese Triangles - Tiropitakia
With phyllo sheets, Greek feta cheese, gruyère, and bacon, these cheese triangles are guaranteed to be a hit.
Servings 35 pieces
- 1 lb organic phyllo sheets
- 1 lb Greek feta cheese I like Vikos and Dodoni.
- 12 oz gruyere cheese grated
- 3.5 oz Philadelphia cheese About half of the classic package
- 3 eggs 2 whole eggs and 1 yolk
- 4 bacon slices cut in small pieces
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tbsp butter melted
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds optional
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C)
Mix the 2 eggs, the egg yolk, all cheese, and bacon pieces in a bowl.
Combine the butter with the oil in a small bowl.
Lay the phyllo roll on a cutting board and cut off a piece, 2.5 inches wide (6 cm)Keep the remaining phyllo under a damp towel to prevent it from drying.
Unroll the cut strips. Take two and lay one on top of the other, lightly brushing each one with the butter-oil mixture.
Put one full teaspoon of cheese filling in one corner and fold the other corner over it to form a triangle.Then fold the triangle over and over to itself to the end of the strip. Repeat the same process with the rest of the phyllo.Keep the cheese pies under a damp towel to prevent them from drying. Brush a baking sheet with olive oil. Arrange the triangles on the baking sheet.Whisk one egg and a teaspoon of water to make the egg wash. Brush cheese triangles with the egg wash and sprinkle the sesame seeds on top.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese pies are golden brown.
Nutritional Info – Please keep in mind that the nutritional information provided is only an estimate and can vary based on products used.
- While you are working, keep the remaining phyllo and folded cheese pies under a damp towel to prevent it from drying.
Calories: 161kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 264mg | Potassium: 40mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 263IU | Calcium: 174mg | Iron: 1mg