Greek Tomato Corn Fritters - Tomatokeftedes
These Greek tomato corn fritters also have zucchini, onions, feta, and LOTS of herbs. This recipe is easy to make and absolutely delicious.
Servings 18 fritters
- 2 cups tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1¼ cups Greek feta cheese crumbled
- 1 cup zucchini grated
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup mint leaves Coarsely chopped. Measure before chopping.
- ½ cup basil leaves Coarsely chopped. Measure before chopping.
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley Coarsely chopped. Measure before chopping.
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 3-5 tbs extra virgin olive oil for frying
For the sauce
- 2 cups greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp chili peppers flakes optional
In a bowl, mix the flour and baking powder. Add the tomatoes, zucchini, corn kernels, and the diced onion, crumbled feta, and chopped fresh herbs.Add the red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper. Mix everything gently. Don't over mix; it is better to have your mixture a little chunky. The different flavors will shine.
Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet.
Take a full tablespoon of the mix and add it to your frying pan. Using your spoon, shape it a little bit, make it a little tidier. Pat lightly on the top to flatten slightly. Add the same way 2-3 more patties in the pan and fry for 3-5 minutes, until both sides are golden and lightly crispy.
Transfer to a dish lined with paper towels. Repeat the same process until all of the fritters are ready.
Mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and serve with tomato fritters for immediate consumption!
A great variation on this recipe
Nutritional Info – Please keep in mind that the nutritional information provided is only an estimate and can vary based on the products used.
- Marinate in the fridge ½ feta block in 1 cup ouzo drink for 2 hours.
- Instead of adding the feta to the fritter mix, gently cut it into ½ inch cubes.
- Lightly flour the feta cubes and fry in the same pan you fried the fritters for 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Transfer feta to paper towels to absorb the extra oil and serve along with the tomato fritters
Calories: 128kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 172mg | Potassium: 158mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 562IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 104mg | Iron: 1mg