These roasted cauliflower steaks have a lemon-olive oil dressing with capers and are so easy to make. They are dusted with grated parmesan cheese and can be served as a delicious side dish to anything roasted or a fabulous addition to a salad.
As a kid, I could not understand the appeal of cauliflower. My mother’s appeals to eat her steamed cauliflower with a light dressing of lemon and olive oil were fruitless. As a teenager, I started loving the cauliflower fritters my dad used to make from leftovers. And as an adult, I have to admit that cauliflower has totally won my heart as one of my favorite vegetables.
How to make these roasted cauliflower steaks
These roasted cauliflower steaks are very easy to make.
Slice the cauliflower into 1/3 inch “steaks.” Add some extra virgin olive oil, some crushed garlic, season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper, and roast for about 30 min in a 400 F oven. Then serve with the lemon-olive oil-capers dressing. You will be amazed by how good it tastes.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
Detailed measurements and instructions can be found on the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
I usually make this roasted cauliflower as a side to a nice grilled steak or a “bun-less” burger. I love it on its own, in-room temperature as well, in fact, I can’t stay away and nibble in and out of the kitchen!
Check all the pantry items a Greek kitchen wouldn’t go without.
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other on The Greek Foodie, then don’t forget to rate it and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it.
WANT TO EAT LIKE A GREEK? Subscribe to my email and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram for all of the latest recipes.
Roasted Cauliflower Steaks With Lemon Olive Oil And Capers
- one cauliflower head
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup capers
- 2 lemons
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 380F.
- With a sharp knife slice the cauliflower into 1/3 inch “steaks”. Some will separate and crumble, don’t worry about that.
- Arrange the cauliflower pieces on a baking sheet. Arrange the garlic between. Add the olive oil all over. Season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Bake for about 45 min or until cauliflower is golden and lightly crispy at the edges and soft in the middle. Half way check it out, and give it a light. Sometimes I flip the pieces so they can get golden all over.
- In a separate bowl mix 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, the juice of one lemon, and a handful of capers. Do a taste test in case you need more lemon juice to balance it. Add a generous amount of fresh ground pepper. Set aside.
- Remove from heat and carefully place the cauliflower in a large bowl. Add the lemon-olive oil-caper dressing on top. Sprinkle a generous amount of shaved parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.