These delicious Greek lemon potatoes with garlic and oregano will be the star at your next dinner party. Easy to make with few ingredients, they are the perfect side to a chicken or lamb roast or anything grilled.
How to make Greek lemon potatoes
This is one of those simple, beautiful Greek lemon potato recipes with minimal effort and great results. Yukon gold potatoes, extra virgin olive oil, lemons, and lots of dry oregano -preferably Greek- create a decadent side dish. Make sure you have enough for seconds. In our house, there are never any leftovers. These decadent roasted lemon potatoes disappear very quickly from the dinner table.
- Yukon gold potatoes scrubbed and cut into wedges
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Dry Greek oregano
- Sea salt
- Chicken or veggie stock
- Fresh oregano leaves (optional)
I like Yukon gold potatoes because they are buttery and have thin skin that I leave on. I just scrub the potatoes really well and cut them into wedges. You can also use baby gold potatoes, cut them in half, and adjust cooking time as needed.
Preheat the oven to 400 F.
Place the potatoes in a large enough baking dish so they dont overlap much. Pour the olive oil all over. Add the garlic, oregano, sea salt and a generous amount of freshly ground pepper. Mix potatoes with olive oil and seasonings well.
Bake potatoes for 15 min.
Add the stock and bake for another 15 minutes.
Add the lemon juice and bake for 35 minutes or until potatoes are cooked and have nice golden brown edges.
Place potatoes on a platter, pour the delicious lemon & garlic olive oil liquid all over them, sprinkle some fresh oregano on top (optional) and serve immediately.
These perfect greek roasted lemon potatoes are a great side dish to a lamb or chicken roast as well as anything grilled.
Recipe adapted from Aglaia Kremezi's book The Foods of the Greek Islands.
You may also like
- Greek slow-roasted leg of lamb in a parcel - kleftiko comes out-melt-in-your-mouth delicious!
- Arakas – Greek sweet peas are an easy & aromatic side dish.
- This traditional tomato salad is a must at every Greek table.
- Peinirli is a cheesy long open pie and a fun appetizer.
Check out my Greek pantry staples
Cooked this? Rate this recipe! You can also leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!
WANT TO EAT LIKE A GREEK? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Greek Lemon Potatoes with Garlic & Oregano
- 3 pounds yukon gold poatoes scrubed and cut into wedges
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4-5 garlic cloves thinly sliced or minced
- 1 tablespoon dry Greek oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup chicken stock You can use veggie stock if you like.
- 3 lemons juiced
- 1 handful fresh oregano leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Place the potatoes in a large enough baking dish so they dont overlap much. Pour the olive oil all over. Add the garlic, oregano, sea salt and a generous amount of freshly ground pepper. Mix potatoes with olive oil and seasonings well.
- Place potatoes in preheated oven and bake for 15 min.
- Add the stock and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and bake for 35 minutes or until potatoes are cooked and have nice golden brown edges.
- Serve immediatelly on a platter with the lemongarlic olive sauce all over potatoes and a sprinkle of fresh oregano leaves on top.