This leek and potato galette is absolutely delicious! It has a pistachio crust beautifully paired with delicate leeks and earthy potatoes. Can be an appetizer or enjoyed as a main meal served with a multiple-veggie-green salad and a glass of chilled white wine. Don't miss this!
I love galettes.
This leek & potato galette has a pistachio crust that is really delicious and so easy. I use my food processor to make it, and it only takes 10 min tops.
The filling is refined and wholesome at the same time. Lightly sautéed leeks are combined with thinly sliced Yukon gold potatoes that become buttery when cooked.
The dill gives freshness and lightness. And the honey is the finishing touch right before serving.
1. Pulse pistachios in a food processor until coarsely ground. Add flour, salt, and sugar and pulse to combine. 2. Add butter and pulse slowly just until a coarse meal forms.
3. With motor running gradually add in ½ cup ice water. 4. Keep processing until dough comes together. Don't over do it.
5. Transfer the dough to your work surface. 6. Form it into a ball, then flatten it into a disk. Wrap dough in plastic (I used a ziplock bag) and chill for at least 30 minutes.
Time to preheat your oven to 400º.
7. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a small frying pan over medium-low heat. Cook the leek, stirring occasionally, until it is soft but without any color, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside. 8. Mix the goat cheese, cream, and garlic in a bowl and combine. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
9. Divide the dough into 4 pieces. 10. Roll out 1 piece on a lightly floured surface to an 8″ round shape. Carefully transfer it to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
11. Spread half of goat cheese mixture over the dough, leaving a 1″ border. Add 1 tbsp. dill evenly over cheese. 12. Top with a thin layer of potato slices. Drizzle a little olive oil and season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
13. Add ¼ of leeks over the potatoes. 14. Gently fold the edges of dough over your filling, tucking and overlapping slightly as needed.
Repeat with remaining dough, goat cheese mixture, chopped dill, potatoes, and leeks and more oil and salt to make three more galettes. 15. Brush the top of dough with the egg. 16. Bake the galettes until crusts are a nice golden brown and potatoes are soft, between 30–40 minutes.
- The sweet potato & gruyère gratin is a perfect holiday casserole.
- This tomato-feta galette is absolutely fantastic.
- I love this red kabocha soup with a porcini mushroom broth is easy and full of flavor.
WANT TO EAT LIKE A GREEK? Subscribe to my email and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipes.
Leek & Potato Galette
- Food processor
- Rimmed baking sheet
for the crust
- ½ cup pistachios raw
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter 2 sticks chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
for the filling and assembly
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil to saute leek
- 1 leek white and pale-green parts only thinly sliced
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 6 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 4 tbsp dill coarsely chopped
- 2 large yukon gold potatoes thinly sliced
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 egg beaten
- All-purpose flour (for surface)
- honey for drizzling
- dill sprigs
for the dough
- Pulse the pistachios in a food processor until they are coarsely ground.
- Add flour, salt, and sugar and pulse to combine. Add the butter and pulse carefully just until a coarse meal forms.
- Keep motor running and gradually add in ½ cup ice water and process until the dough comes together. Dont overdo it.
- Transfer the dough to your work surface , form into a ball, then flatten it into a disk. Wrap it in plastic and chill for at least 30 minutes.
for the filling and assembly
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Cook leek, stirring occasionally, until softened but dont alow it to take on any color, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Combine the goat cheese, cream, and garlic in a bowl , season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Divide your dough into 4 pieces. Roll out 1 piece of dough on a lightly floured surface to an 8″ round. Carefully transfer it to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Spread half of goat cheese mixture over the dough, leaving a 1″ border.
- Add 1 tbsp. dill evenly all over cheese, then top with a thin layer of potato slices. Drizzle some olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Add ¼ of leek all over potatoes.
- Gently fold the edges of dough over filling, tucking and overlapping slightly as needed.
- Repeat with process to make three more galettes. Brush the top of dough with egg.
- Bake the galettes until crusts are golden brown and potatoes are soft, 30–40 minutes.
- Drizzle honey all over and top with some dill sprigs. Serve as an appetiser or pair with a fresh green salad for a great meal.
- You can make the dough 1 day ahead. Just keep it chilled.
- If you can't find raw pistachios, roasted pistachios will work just fine. If no pistachios are available you can use walnuts instead.