This is a Greek herb chicken recipe that is juicy, full of flavor and mediterranean vibes.
I get homesick often. To be more specific, I crave the homemade Greek food aromas found all over Greece. Greeks are big on food. They celebrate, love and grieve by cooking and eating. Wherever you go in Greece food will without a doubt accompany your activities. Food is indeed everywhere. So whenever I long for home I cook with all the lovely fresh ingredients I know to soothe myself.
This is where this Greek herb chicken recipe comes in. The marinade has fresh herbs like sage, rosemary and thyme, LOTS of garlic and and lemon juice as well as plenty of lovely Greek extra virgin olive oil.
More chicken please!
Check out some more of my Greek chicken recipes that are delicious and easy. My lovely cinnamon roasted chicken makes the house smell like Thanksgiving! A delicious and traditional Greek roasted chicken with lemon & rosemary is perfect for a Sunday roast. And my very Greek chicken soup is great for healing and comfort.
Greek Herb Chicken
- Rimmed baking sheet
- 6 chicken thighs skinless and boneless thighs
- 3 lemons juiced
- ¼ cup olive oil extra virgin
- 6 garlic cloves sliced
- 1 tbsp dry oregano
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2-3 rosemary just the leaves
- 4-5 leaves fresh thyme roughly chopped
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- In a bowl mix the lemon juice, the olive oil, fresh herb leaves and the garlic. Season with sea salt and plenty of freshly ground pepper. Add the pinch of chili flakes and the dry oregano. Mix well.
- Arrange the chicken thighs on a baking dish or a large bowl. Pour the marinade all over. Cover and refrigerate from 1 hour up to 12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Take chicken out of refrigerator and let it sit on the counter for half an hour.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil on a rimmed baking sheet. Arrange the chicken on the baking sheet. Put the garlic and herbs that are left in the marinade all over chicken. Bake for 20-25 min, until chicken is cooked through, it is juicy inside and edges are lightly crispy.
- Serve on a platter with cut-up pita bread, tomatoes, sliced cucumber, tzatziki, feta cheese or anything else you like. Enjoy!