Greek style zucchini and feta fritters are a very popular summer food in our house. They are fragrant and light and oh-so tasty. I love dipping them in homemade tzatziki or any sauce we might have around really.
They are easy to make and guarantied to be a hit among the guests of your summer party. Serve them with ketchup and the large amount of disguised fresh herbs and vegetables make them an ideal food for kids that refuse to acknowledge veggies in their diet.
If you liked fritters check out these tomato Fritters, or tomatokeftedes in Greek, they are absolutely perfect for the rich tomato summer season. The cauliflower fritters are beloved in our family and so so easy to make. A real winner.
More Greek summer recipes?
If you’ve tried these Zucchini & Feta Fritters or any other recipe on The Greek Foodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it.
for the fritter mix
- 1 yellow squash zucchini grated
- 1 green zucchini grated grated
- 2 scallions chopped
- 2 cups greek feta cheese crumbled
- ¾ cup fresh mint leaves only finely chopped
- ¾ cup fresh basil leaves only finely chopped
- ¾ cup fresh dill finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup flour
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs red pepper flakes
- 2 lemons zested
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- 2-3 tbs olive oil
- red pepper flakes
- Mix grated zucchini with a pinch of salt together in a large colander and place in sink to drain for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix zucchini, scallions, herbs,, feta, olive oil and the eggs. Fold in the flour. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cumin and coriander and chili pepper flakes. Mix well.
- In a frying pan in medium-high heat add 2-3 tbs olive oil.
- Take a full tablespoonful of the mix and place it on the frying pan. Repeat 2-3 times depending on the size of your frying pan. Don't over crowd!
- With the help of two spoons shape the fritters into a round shape, tidy them up a little. Press lightly the top to flatten it.
- Cook each side 3-4 minutes or until it has a nice golden color and they start to crisp up. Place them in paper towels or cookie rack to remove excess oil.
- Serve with a sprinkle of chili peppers all over and tzatziki sauce on side.