Our Greek omelette satisfies the palate with flavors of tomato, potato, feta cheese and of course eggs. It’s a delicious, healthy, protein-packed breakfast, keeping you full and energized throughout the day. You may also enjoy it for lunch or dinner with a leafy salad and crusty bread. Nostimo!
Why this recipe sings
Our Greek omelette is a quick and easy way to prepare a delicious and satisfying meal. This recipe includes potatoes, feta cheese and tomatoes, making it a substantial dish that can easily be served for brunch, lunch or dinner.
Here is what you need
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Potato peeled and cut into 1 cm cubes ( ⅓ of an inch).
- Spring onions sliced, only the white part.
- A longhorn green pepper sliced.
- Organic free-range eggs.
- Cherry tomatoes.
- Greek feta cheese.
- Sea salt, freshly ground pepper and dried oregano
- Fresh oregano leaves (optional).
- Chili flakes (optional).
How to make a Greek omelette
Heat the oven to 400°F / 205°C.
Beat the eggs in a bowl with an egg beater or fork.
What to serve with Greek omelette
A Greek omelette is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- If you want a hearty and nutritious meal to start your day, this omelette is great for that. Serve it next to yogurt with figs and walnuts, or a slice of olive oil bread with salted butter.
- It can be a great lunch next to a leafy green maroulosalata, and some pita bread.
- Make an omelette for dinner with our baked creamy feta as an appetizer to dip homemade crackers and a piece of spanakopita.
Cooked this? Rate this recipe! You can also leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!
Greek Omelette with Tomato, Feta and Olives
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 potato peeled and cut into 1 cm cubes ( ⅓ of an inch)
- 2 spring onions sliced, only the white part
- 1 longhorn green pepper sliced
- 6 organic free-range eggs
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup Greek feta cheese
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- dried oregano
- fresh oregano leaves optional
- chili flakes optional
- Heat the oven to 400°F / 205°C.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with an egg beater or a fork.
- Pour the olive oil into a medium, oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat.When the olive oil is hot, add the potatoes cubes and fry until they start getting color, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the sliced spring onions and pepper and mix with the potato cubes. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour the eggs all over the potatoes, peppers and spring onions.
- Scatter the sliced cherry tomatoes on top of the omelette.Carefully place the skillet in the oven and cook for 5 minutes.
- Take the skillet out of the oven and scatter the crumbled feta on top.Return the skillet to the oven and cook for 5 minutes.
- Scatter fresh oregano leaves, sprinkle some chili flakes, and serve with a seasonal green salad and crispy fried potatoes!